Always on the run
The fact that we are living in an era where time is of most importance, and we would do anything to save it means that our health gets neglected the most. Our hectic lifestyles also barely allow us to spend a lot of time on anything, even our health. After a stressful nine to five job, no one wants to come home and spend an hour at the gym or think carefully about the meal they are going to prepare.
Instead, we choose to go for microwaveable easy to make dinners, which are hardly healthy and are instead proving dangerous for our health. If not that, then most people’s idea of easy to make dinners is that of a takeout or a pizza delivery, which once again is compromising on your diet and health. Most people are not too concerned about their diet or health, but are very cautious about their children and are unaware of the trash that they are feeding their families.
There is nothing that can’t be fixed with a bit of innovation. The young chefs that have entered the food industry are always creating new ways to save time and hence, creating ideas for easy to make dinners and meals. Having said that, convenience should not be your only target.
Instead, you should be more concerned about the nutritious value of whatever meal you might be cooking, especially if you are a mother and have children to take care of. Nutrition should be your first and foremost concern since children need a proper diet to get through all the deficiencies and diseases that have taken over the world.
Quick and healthy lasagna
Things you need
- Half kilo boneless chicken, cut in cubes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- A tablespoon of chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A drizzle of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Some oregano
- Half cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lasagna strips
- Put a little oil in a wok and add chopped garlic to it, then add the onions and sauté them. Soon after, add the tomatoes cut in cubes and the tomato paste, stir a little to combine, and then add vinegar, the spices and oregano.
- Fry the chicken cubes in a bit of oil and add to the tomato mixture. Turn off heat as everything comes together.
- Make white sauce, melt some butter in a pan, add flour to it and cook for a few seconds. Then, add the milk and cook on low heat till it thickens.
- Take a deep dish and start layering the tomato mixture, raw lasagna strips and white sauce. Top it off with cheese and place it in the oven to cook for about 45 minutes.
The above recipe is simple because prepping time will hardly take 20 to 30 minutes and while the lasagna cooks, you can get on to other chores and then serve hot straight from the oven.